Along with our staff, volunteers form the backbone of NCCM’s efforts. Our volunteers support NCCM in various areas including community outreach, event planning, office administration, research & writing and much more!
Email us your resume at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering with NCCM.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Data Entry Volunteer
The NCCM recently launched a new and exciting community engagement strategy where we are making connections with Muslim communities across Canada, and encouraging everyone to follow NCCM’s work so they can get involved in issues impacting our communities. In that context, we are collecting lots of valuable information from our community members and need to input that into our system so we can keep everyone in the loop.
Task: We are looking for volunteers to help build and enrich NCCM’s database and are ready to help our work as Data Entry Volunteers as soon as possible.
Location: Preferably GTA office (Dixie and Eglinton, Mississauga)
- Reviewing and sorting all data
- Maintaining database by entering new and updated constituent information
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Microsoft Office and any other related skills are welcome
Time: 1-5 hours per week
Duration: Flexible, Ongoing
All volunteers will be provided with an NCCM t-shirt and training.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to volunteer now for this exciting opportunity.
2. Community Engagement Volunteer
At NCCM, we are dedicated to making sure that Canadian Muslim community across the country knows exactly what to do if they are faced with Islamophobia, hate and discrimination. We are looking for volunteers in the GTA, Windsor and Montreal to help us reach out to folks at masajid, community centres, events and gatherings.
Volunteering for this position means:
- An opportunity to network with a diversity of Canadian Muslims
- Work on your presentation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible hours (create your own schedule!)
- Working closely with the NCCM team to meet our goals
All volunteers will be provided with an NCCM t-shirt and community engagement training.
Email email@example.com to sign up to volunteer as an NCCM Community Engagement Volunteer.
3. Audio/Video Editor
- Applicant would be responsible for editing the podcast, and creating short 1 minute clips from the videos or the podcast to be distributed on social media.
- Creating other call to action videos to be posted on social media
- Expert at using Adobe, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut
- Ability to establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video‘s creation
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation