Position: Administrative Assistant (full-time, permanent)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM), a prominent civil liberties and advocacy organization, is seeking a self-driven and responsible Administrative Assistant to help support the growing work of the organization.
Working closely with the entire NCCM team and reporting to the Operations Coordinator, this position will entail a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to the Executive Director, managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our organization’s general administrative activities.
The responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, and preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience as a secretary or executive administrative assistant and familiarity within the non-profit sector, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Administrative Assistant should help ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of our national office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain all filing systems
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Assist in coordinating, developing, monitoring and publishing social media content, and maintaining website content
- Additional duties as assigned
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or related experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter)
- College diploma or equivalent work experience; additional qualification as an Executive Assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Experience using WordPress
Deadline to apply: October 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: Applications submitted without cover letters will not be considered.
NCCM is not able to assist with relocation costs for this position.
No phone calls please. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.