Job Opening: Senior Development Officer
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) has a new opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to join our professional staff and work on cutting-edge issues impacting Canadian Muslim communities.
NCCM is currently hiring for a GTA-based Senior Development Officer.
NCCM is a national, independent, non-partisan and non-profit advocacy organization at the forefront of defending, promoting and protecting the fundamental rights and public interests of Canadian Muslims.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Development Officer.
* * * *
Position: Senior Development Officer
Location: NCCM GTA Office
Start date: Immediate
Expected hours of work: Full-time (required to work some evenings, weekends and holidays)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience & qualifications
Application deadline: Open until filled
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director, the Senior Development Officer will lead the growth of NCCM’s exciting new monthly giving program. This role is for anyone who is a self-starter and thrives in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, target-driven environment. NCCM is looking for someone who is an agile and innovative thinker who can help take the organization to the next level. As a senior member of our growing team, the Senior Development Officer will also bring their talent and skills to shaping NCCM’s advocacy campaigns.
- Build NCCM’s existing monthly donor base and develop an innovative and cohesive program
- Grow the monthly donor base through outreach and creative fundraising campaigns
- Executing all aspects of monthly donor cycle including soliciting new donors, processing donations, maintaining donor records, stewardship and engagement
- Prepare and analyze donor data and make recommendations for strengthening the program
- Post-secondary education; university degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in fundraising for a non-profit or charity or comparable experience. Experience fundraising in the Muslim community is an asset.
- Experience coordinating national giving campaigns
- Exceptional data management/CRM skills for maintaining accurate donor database and producing timely reports.
- Develop and maintain database of new prospective monthly donors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of the NCCM’s mission and mandate
- Experience with advocacy is an asset
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license for meetings and events as required
NOTE: No phone calls please. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.