Position: Communications Coordinator (permanent)
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Start date: Immediate
Expected hours of work: 30 – 35 hours per week (part-time)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience & qualifications
The Communications Coordinator will serve as the organization’s bilingual spokesperson in Quebec and will support the growing work of NCCM’s Communications Department.
• Serve as NCCM’s primary French-language spokesperson.
• Work closely with and support the Communications Director on issues management and developing key messages.
• Monitor local and national news media, identify issues and engage in media relations.
• Respond to media inquiries and organize press events.
• Write news releases, media advisories and other communications products.
• Develop and write internal communications and marketing products.
• Provide translation services as needed.
• Liaise with local journalists and newsrooms on issues impacting Canadian Muslims.
• Engage stakeholders, partners and local officials and travel as needed.
• University or post-secondary education in communications, journalism, political science or public relations.
• Solid understanding of the NCCM’s mission and mandate.
• Fully bilingual: excellent French & English oral and written communication abilities.
• Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of media relations.
• Knowledge of Quebec public affairs and Canadian politics is preferred.
• Ability to write in CP style.
• Ability to work under tight timelines in an efficient and focused manner.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to handle competing priorities.
• Good presentation and public speaking skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
Full training will be provided. Serious candidates should apply online below.