The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) is an independent, non-partisan and non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the human rights & civil liberties of Canadian Muslims (and by extension of all Canadians), promoting their public interests, building mutual understanding and challenging Islamophobia and other forms of xenophobia.
Built from within the Canadian Muslim community, the NCCM is a leading voice enriching Canadian society through Muslim civic engagement and the promotion of human rights.
Working in partnership with grassroots communities, the NCCM engages in professional activism and develops strategies in anti-discrimination, community education & outreach, media relations and public advocacy to effectively represent the interests of a broad and diverse range of Canadian Muslims.
As a long standing Canadian organization, the NCCM has an exemplary record of defending rights and liberties, promoting active citizenship and upholding Canadian pluralism.
- NCCM believes in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and in upholding the fundamental rights of all Canadians.
- NCCM believes that core Islamic values are aligned with and reflect Canadian values including equality, freedom, inclusiveness and justice.
- NCCM believes that Canada’s multiculturalism and the contributions of Canadian Muslims strengthen our nation’s democracy.
- NCCM believes active citizenship is the responsibility of all Canadians.
- NCCM believes there is no dichotomy between human rights and public security; rather, they share a symbiotic relationship.
- NCCM consistently and categorically condemns all acts of violence against civilians and non-combatants irrespective of the perpetrator and believes there is never any justification for terrorism.