Ramadan is a special time to stand up and make an impact, and the NCCM is doing exactly that.
In the past year, we’ve been hard at work advocating for our communities, including:
- Training 4,000+ educators and students on Islamophobia and diversity
- Reaching out to 200+ elected officials to make the concerns of our communities known on national security, education, civil liberties and more
- Delivering ‘Know Your Rights’ guides and workshops on issues like religious accommodation, discrimination and mosque safety
- Holding our elected officials to account on difficult issues like Bill 21, the No Fly List, Bill 62 in Quebec, and more
- Providing hundreds of media interviews provincial and national media outlets on issues affecting Canadian Muslims to change the conversation around Islam and Muslims in Canada
But we’re not done yet.
With current issues like Bill 21 in Quebec, the rise of far right and white supremacy movements on home soil, and the increasingly polarized political scene ahead of the October federal election, we as Canadian Muslims can’t afford to sit on the sidelines.
This Ramadan, we pledge to do everything we can to advocate for the rights of Canadian Muslims across the country.
What will you pledge?
Donate your zakat and sadaqa to protect fundamental rights and freedoms today. NCCM is Zakat-eligible as declared by the Canadian Council of Imams (CCI) and various Islamic scholars, under the category of “fi-sabillilah”.