This is the time to hold your elected officials accountable.
To make sure that they are standing up for the Palestinian people.
It is time for a just peace to prevail in Gaza and Palestine.
It is time for a ceasefire in Gaza.
You can do your part. Your voice matters. So use it!
– The people of Gaza have been under a tight blockade since 2007—this is against international law.
– The mounting death toll in Gaza is due to continuous indiscriminate bombing by Israeli forces, which have killed over 4,000 people, including children.
– Palestinian identity and aspirations toward dignity is not terrorism, is not to be conflated with support for Hamas. To do so is racist, demeaning, and Islamophobic.
– Muslims in Canada are again being asked to collectively apologize for and condemn the actions of a few people overseas. This is isolating, Islamophobic, and eerily reminiscent of the anti-Muslim atmosphere right after 9/11.
– This atmosphere, fuelled by the issues overseas, has resulted in a major spike in Islamophobic, racist, and anti-Palestinian incidents all across Canada.
– You need to live up to Canada’s commitment to human rights. You must call for the following items:
- An urgent and immediate ceasefire in the region. Canada must do its part to stop the violence and the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians and children.
- Denunciation of the Islamophobic and racist backlash against Palestinian and Muslim communities in Canada.
- Protection of the right of Canadians to express their solidarity with the people of Palestine.
Call your MP
Enter your postal code to find your Member of Parliament!
Then give them a call to raise your voice for Gaza and Palestinian human rights.
David Eby – (250) 387-1715, email@example.com
Danielle Smith – (780) 427-2251, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Moe – (306) 787-9433, email@example.com
Wab Kinew – (204) 615-1922, firstname.lastname@example.org
Doug Ford – (416) 325-1941, email@example.com
Melanie Joly – (613) 992-0983, firstname.lastname@example.org
Francois Legault – (418) 643-5321, email@example.com
Jagmeet Singh – (613) 996-5597, jagmeet.Singh@parl.gc.ca
Pierre Poilievre – (613) 992-2772, firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Trudeau – (613) 992-4211, email@example.com
Send an Email
Enter your information below and take action today!
It only takes 2 minutes to be able to make your voice heard to our political representatives.
Enough is enough.
Statement for Mosques