Position: Program Coordinator (18-month term, full-time)
Location: Ottawa or Toronto
Compensation: Commensurate with experience & qualifications
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM), a prominent civil liberties and advocacy organization, is seeking a highly-motivated Program Coordinator to help support the growing work of the NCCM’s Human Rights Department.
Working closely with the entire NCCM team and reporting to the Executive Director, this position will entail a variety of program management and administrative tasks including planning and organizing around key NCCM human rights products and working with partners to maximize the reach and impact of newly-produced resources.
This role will be to facilitate the effective planning, delivery, execution and management of new human rights resources to Canadian Muslim communities across the country in accordance with the organization’s professional standards.
To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse as well as sometimes remote teams. If you have further skills in program development & delivery, we’d like to meet you.
- Update key human rights publications and resources to address the unique issues faced by Canadian Muslims and reflect changes in human rights systems and law.
- Develop training materials including short videos, slide decks, infographics, workbooks, and webinars.
- Conduct training workshops and deliver webinars.
- Guide the translation process of human rights publications and products.
- Evaluate the impact and reach of NCCM’s human rights resources.
- Support planning and coordination of NCCM human rights products, resources and related activities.
- Work with the NCCM staff to manage program communications through media relations, social media, and community events.
- Maintain program budget and track expenditures/transactions.
- Help build positive relationships within the team and with external parties.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain a detailed program agenda.
- Manage program administration and paperwork; maintain updated records.
- Prepare interim and final reports on the progress made in ensuring deliverables are achieved.
- Work with outside evaluators to ensure they have necessary information to complete ana independent report on the delivery of targets.
- University degree in business, law, human rights and equity, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a program coordinator or related position.
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures.
- Knowledge of program budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting.
- Knowledge of Canadian human rights legislation and systems.
- Understanding of NCCM’s mandate.
- Technogically savvy and proficient in MS Office software.
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams that are also located remotely.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities.
- Project Management designation
Deadline to apply: October 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: No phone calls please. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications submitted without cover letters will not be considered.