Position: Operations Coordinator
Do you have a knack for taking things that are complicated and simplifying them? Do you enjoy finding better ways to accomplish tasks? Do you love keeping things organized and on schedule?
If you answered yes to these questions, the National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) is looking for someone like you.
NCCM is currently hiring for the full-time position of Operations Coordinator.
At the centre of our vibrant and dynamic communities, the NCCM is a national, independent, non-partisan and non-profit grassroots advocacy organization that is a leading voice for Muslim civic engagement and the promotion of human rights.
The Operations Coordinator is both a challenging and rewarding middle-management position. It is a career opportunity for someone looking for professional growth and progressive responsibility.
The ideal candidate would be committed to NCCM’s vision and mission and will become part of a dedicated team that works together to provide our constituents, stakeholders, staff, Board, and committees with quality programs and services.
Deadline for applications: August 21, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Interested? Send us your résumé to email@example.com with a cover letter and with “Operations Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for ensuring smooth operations at the NCCM’s Ottawa headquarters. The position is focused on developing, maintaining and refining NCCM’s operations.
The Operations Coordinator will be expected to deliver on a diverse range of functional responsibilities. Key deliverables include:
- Improve, update and maintain operational systems, processes and polices in support of organization’s mission – specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, and organizational planning.
- Coordinate delivery of support services (administration, finance, HR, information technology) and improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Payroll & remittance management, accounts receivables/payables and maintenance of financial systems and records.
- Organize and maintain donor-related customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Assist with developing program budgets and assist Executive Director in management of organizational budget.
- Participate in regular meetings with senior management on organizational & financial planning.
Administer payroll and remittance filings; maintain human resources records.
Maintain filing systems and records; work with IT to ensure the integrity of data security.
Liaise with suppliers and vendors to ensure organizational needs are met in a cost-effective manner.
Coordinate all travel arrangements and assist with planning for internal & external meetings.
Supervise & train administrative staff, volunteers and interns as needed.
Maintain office supplies and equipment.
Develop, maintain and monitor all accounting systems and procedures.
Handle banking, process expense claims, and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
Administer day-to-day disbursements for accounts payable.
Ensure that accounting requests are resolved and communication in a timely manner.
Prepare cash flow reports.
Work regularly with external accountant for preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports.
Process donations through CRM system; track, compile, and update donor gifts and information through CRM database.
Ensure timely acknowledgements of gifts and other correspondence with donors.
Prepare detailed donation reports.
Coordinate and manage direct mailing campaigns.
Planning & Reporting
Assist senior management in developing annual operating plan, budgets and forecasts.
Assist senior management in creating key performance indicators (KPIs) for campaigns and projects and developing reports.
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum of 4 years of proven experience in administration, financial management or operations.
Post-secondary education in business administration or another related program.
Excellent administrative and technical skills.
Understanding of financial accounting and financial reports.
Knowledge of data analysis and statistics.
Proficiency in MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and familiarity with CRM systems.
Fluency (written and verbal) in Canada’s two official languages and experience with fundraising programs (e.g. Raiser’s Edge) are strong assets.
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Professional and personable nature with solid communications skills (verbal and written)
• Accuracy and attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
• Decision-making and setting priorities
• Strong aptitude for providing a high-level of client/stakeholder care
• Sound judgement
• Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative style
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Work independently and take initiative in a deadline-driven environment
• Team work and conflict management
Compensation package will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please provide two professional references with your application from former employers.