The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) is an independent, non-partisan and non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the human rights & civil liberties of Canadian Muslims (and by extension of all Canadians), advocating for their public concerns, challenging discrimination & Islamophobia, and building mutual understanding.
Built from within the Canadian Muslim community, the NCCM is a leading voice for Muslim civic engagement and the promotion of human rights.
Working in partnership with grassroots communities, the NCCM engages in professional activism and develops strategies in anti-discrimination, community education & outreach, media relations and public advocacy to effectively represent the public interests of a broad and diverse range of Canadian Muslims.
As a long standing Canadian organization, the NCCM has an exemplary record of defending rights and liberties, promoting active citizenship and upholding Canadian pluralism.
- NCCM believes in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and in upholding the fundamental rights of all Canadians.
- NCCM believes that core Islamic values are aligned with and reflect Canadian values including equality, freedom, inclusiveness and justice.
- NCCM believes that Canada’s multiculturalism and the contributions of Canadian Muslims strengthen our nation’s democracy.
- NCCM believes active citizenship is the responsibility of all Canadians.
- NCCM believes there is no dichotomy between human rights and public security; rather, they share a symbiotic relationship.
- NCCM consistently and categorically condemns all acts of violence against civilians and non-combatants irrespective of the perpetrator and believes there is never any justification for terrorism.